It has been to cold in New York this last week to drink cold smoothies! So instead I though I’d share a recipe for nut milk. It is so much easier than you think to make it yourself. You can use the nut milk as a base for smoothies, make hot chocolate or chai tea, make chia pudding or pour it over your granola.
Raw Almond/Nut Milk
1 cup almonds (or any nut you like – Brazil nuts work really well too!)
3 cups pure water
a pinch of sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medjool date
1. Rins and soak the nuts in pure water over night or for 8hrs.
2. Drain the water from the nuts and rinse again. Add to the blender.
3. Add in 3 cups of pure water and the salt.
4. Blend until smooth. Drain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer, cheese cloth or a nut milk bag.
5. Add the now pulp-free milk back to your blender with a date and the vanilla extracts. Blend again until smooth and enjoy!
Photo: Patryce BakTags: almond milk, mylk, nut milk, smoothie of the week